When we talk about wellness on our blog, we usually refer to the physical aspects of healthy living: going to the dentist, finding a good pediatrician, etc. But wellness is more than taking care of your body – it’s also about taking care of your mind.
Nowadays, things move fast. We’re forced to learn new technology just in time to have it be replaced by the latest and greatest alternative, urged to make our mark on the world before settling down, told to work hard but also be patient. Everyone wants to give us their two cents on how to live well, and oftentimes we end up with information overload.
The other day, however, I came across an exceptional post titled, “15 Things You Should Give Up To Be Happy.” It’s been linked-to like crazy, so someone agrees with me. Here is a list of 15 things which, if you give up on them, will make for a happier life:
1. Give up your need to always be right
2. Give up your need for control
3. Give up on blame
4. Give up your self-defeating self-talk
5. Give up your limiting beliefs
6. Give up complaining
7. Give up the luxury of criticism
8. Give up your need to impress others
9. Give up your resistance to change
10. Give up labels
11. Give up your fears
12. Give up your excuses
13. Give up the past
14. Give up attachment
15. Give up living your life to other people’s expectations
I encourage you to read the full article here. *What will you give up today?