Category Archives: Better health in 2012

15 Things You Should Give Up To Be Happy

When we talk about wellness on our blog, we usually refer to the physical aspects of healthy living: going to the dentist, finding a good pediatrician, etc. But wellness is more than taking care of your body – it’s also about taking care of your mind.

Nowadays, things move fast. We’re forced to learn new technology just in time to have it be replaced by the latest and greatest alternative, urged to make our mark on the world before settling down, told to work hard but also be patient. Everyone wants to give us their two cents on how to live well, and oftentimes we end up with information overload.

The other day, however, I came across an exceptional post titled, “15 Things You Should Give Up To Be Happy.” It’s been linked-to like crazy, so someone agrees with me. Here is a list of 15 things which, if you give up on them, will make for a happier life:

Continue reading

Tagged ,

Better Health in 2012


This week, many Americans will resolve to better their health in 2012, choosing among the most common New Years Resolutions: to lose weight, exercise more, quit smoking, reduce stress and cut back on drinking.

Sadly yet unsurprisingly, many of these resolutions will die off in February when the excitement of a new year has worn thin.  In fact, out of those who will decide on a New Years Resolution this week, only 8% will keep their resolution throughout the year.  That means the other 92% of us will be back to our old habits and writing down the same resolution next January, with a glass of wine, cigarette and additional 5 lbs.

Continue reading

Tagged
%d bloggers like this: