Eickman’s Processing, Establishment Number 31776, in Seward, IL, is recalling approximately 12,086 pounds of meat and poultry products because they may have been underprocessed, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
The following products are subject to recall:
- 14-ounce glass jars of “Lena UMW Country Mince Meat”
- 14-ounce glass jars of “Eickman’s Canned Chicken” with bar code # 03340 00050
- 14-ounce glass jars of “Eickman’s Canned Pork” with bar code # 03340 00040
- 14-ounce glass jars of “Eickman’s Canned Beef” with bar code # 03340 00030
- 14-ounce glass jars of “CJ’s Country Canned Beef” with bar code # 91411 00001
The products subject to recall were produced between Nov. 4, 2007, and April 7, 2010, and distributed to retail establishments in the northern Illinois area. When available, the retail distribution list(s) will be posted on FSIS’ website at www.fsis.usda.gov/FSIS_Recalls/Open_Federal_Cases/
The problem was discovered during a routine food safety assessment by FSIS. FSIS has received no reports of illnesses from consumption of these products.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers.
Consumer questions and media inquiries regarding the recall should be directed to Thomas Eickman, Vice President, at (815) 247-8451.